Safe Haven (Full Review)
Another marvelous novel from Nicholas Sparks that I've done reading yesterday. It took weeks for me to finished this novel even though you can actually finish it within a day if you're an extremely fast reader or just spending time reading it all day long without doing anything else. Here's the novel I'm talking about :
Please ignore my fancy ribbon . Hehe~
Overall, the plot is mysterious and suspenseful. These are the elements that keeps me curious to know what's gonna happen next? and also the reason why I can finished the novel.Cheers! ^_^ The story help us realize that we should appreciate the people in our lives and the simple things we do with them. A fantastic book about love, friendship , family ,trust, hope and responsibilities.Safe Haven isn't an ordinary novel from Nicholas Sparks, my favorite writer ever. Most of his novels are converted into movies and this proven that his writing are simply amazing. You can read the Safe Haven's synopsis HERE.Good news, the Safe Haven's movie will be released on 14th February 2013 in cinemas. Haha, it's on the stupid valentine day. You can search for the movie trailer by yourself at Youtube. Just in case that you're an innocent and pure people , sorry if there's a weird scene or anything related to that behaviour. Lol, please be above 18 okay? Hahaha xD
Here's some of my favorite quotes and conversation from "SAFE HAVEN" :
(Katie and Jo)
- Acceptance helps people move on with the rest of their lives - Jo
- Everyone has a story - Jo
- "Ignore the fact that I'm a counselor . We're just friends and friends can talk about anything." - Jo
- " That's what courage is . If she weren't scared , she wouldn't need courage in the first place." - Jo
- "We had a lot in common and we wanted the same things in life."- Alex
- " I'm saying all this because I do want to see you and it scares me because I know deep in my heart that you deserve someone better." - Katie/Erin
- "But I hate myself , too. I tried to tell you that I'm better off alone. I'm not who you thought I was. I'm not the woman you think you know." - Katie/Erin
- "Marrying you..being with you..it's the best thing I've ever done. You're the best man I've ever known" - Carly (Alex's dead wife)
- That in the end,people who are grieving have to want to move on- that first step, that motivating spark, has to come from within them.And when it does, it opens the door to the unexpected. - Jo
- Erin was pretty and men always remembered pretty woman. -Kevin
- "I'm not sure anyone's life turns out exactly the way they imagine.All we can do is to try to make the best of it. Even when it seems impossible." - Alex
- " I would call a police, but he is the police" - Katie/Erin
- She'd learned long ago that nothing wonderful lasted forever. Joy was a fleeting as a shooting stars that crossed the evening sky, ready to blink out at any moment. - Katie/Erin
- "Besides, every couple needs to argue now and then. Just to prove that the relationship is strong enough to survive it."-Jo
- " Then we'll find a way to work through all this together because I know I want to spend the rest of my life with you."-Alex
- You'll become the wife who grows old with Alex, and you'll become the only mother my children will ever know. - Carly/Jo
Okay, FOINE. I think this post is going to be very long but I need to expressed myself somehow. That's why I'm writing this whole details of review at the first place. Now, I want to answer 14 Questions from Safe Haven's novel. *semangat gile xD
Alex used to be an investigator just like Kevin (Erin/Katie's husband) so he can sensed that Katie's in trouble by detecting her obvious body language.
2.What is the nature of Jo and Katie's relationship? How does Jo's profession play into their friendship?How does Jo help Katie adjust to her life in Southport?
Jo is Katie's Best Friend. Jo will simply popped out infront of Katie at the right time when she needs comfort and inspiration.Furthermore, Katie is friendless and lonely since she's new in Southport. Jo is her savior and a great companion.
she's so beautiful right?
love the smile :)
(Katie/Erin)
3.What role do Alex's children play in the development of his relationship with Katie?
Katie always dream to be a great mother and wife. So, Alex's childrens are a dream cometrue for Katie since Kevin never wanted her to have childrens. Kevin doesn't want her to get fat and ugly if she's pregnant. 4.Katie and Alex fall in love very quickly. What draws them together? Have you ever fallen in love so quickly? If not, do you think it's possible?
It's because they're saving themself from each other. Alex's wife was dead 5 years ago and he needs a mom to his children while Katie want to start a new life away from her past.Oh, love at first sight always happened so quickly. Me? Maybe. Once.
5.On their first date, Alex says to Katie, "Everyone has a past, but that's just it-it's in the past.You can learn from it, but you can't change it." Do you agree with him? Is it possible to truly put the past behind you?
Yes, I agreed but it is impossible for Katie to truly put the past behind her because .. Katie's past is not really a past. It's still hunting and she's always in an unexpectable danger. Anything could happen since Kevin's still alive and will keep searching for Erin(Katie) to bring her back home and worst,to kill her.
6.Alex is a widower who has had to raise two children on his own. How has he dealt with his grief in years since his wife passed away? How has his need to respond to his young children's grief affected this? Have you ever experienced grief of this magnitude in your own life? How did you handle it?
How to handle grief? There's only one answer: Return to ALLAH , The Almighty and you'll find those happiness again :)
OMG. He's so manliness and handsome :)
It's Alex.
"I Hate him" - Because Kevin always torture her cruelly.
"I hate myself, too" - for loving Kevin despite his violent actions towards her.Katie changed when she finally get a chance to lead a normal life full of happiness with her new atmosphere. She was lucky enough to meet Alex who is very caring , loving and gentle.
8.Despite his violent behavior and his incessant drinking, Kevin quotes the Bible constantly and takes the Ten Commandments seriously. How do you understand his behavior?
Kevin is a beast escaped from hell! dah la minum arak pastu nak bajet alim pulak. -.-'
9.Katie's past puts Alex and his family in potential danger. Do you think it was irresponsible of Alex to involve himself with a woman he knew could endanger him and his children?
No, Alex did the right choice for welcoming Katie to his life because a miracle could happen unexpectedly right? Kunfayakun.
Polis yang jahat -.-
Ini KEVIN.
The author want to show the world that a woman should always be careful in choosing their future spouse. Don't chose a twin of Kevin who is hot-tempered , super ego and very selfish.Kevin said that Erin (Katie) was selfish because she ran away and ungrateful for everything he'd done to her.The truth is, he's the one that never let Katie to have her freedom of living. He kept Erin (Katie) like a servant in a jail and never let her socialize with the neighbours. Yes, I'm really sympathy for Kevin for being too desperate to have Erin (Katie) by his side. He is mentally insane man that love Erin so much and hating her at the same time. He wanted to kill her for being so selfish and running away from him.
11.Did reading this book give you a new or better understanding of domestic abuse?
Surely, abusing is not a good things. People are so retarded -.-
12.At the end of the novel, Alex tells Katie he is sorry for her loss. What does he mean by this? How does Katie react?
Alex knows that somewhere deep in Katie's heart that she loves Kevin and that's why they're married at the first place.
13.What do you make of Katie's discovery at the end of the novel? Do you find the book's ending believable?
It was very weird and shocking when I read this part. I was like.."OMG! All these time..Jo was just an imaginary friend of Katie?!" Next, I discovered an additional cool fact that Jo was actually Carly ( Alex's dead wife 5 years ago ) which have been Katie's spirit friend. No wonder that Jo really cared about Alex and his children. Its all make sense now.. :)
14.This novel is in large part about safety and trust and how we often take these two things for granted. Did this book make you think differently about your own life and the things you value?
Yes it does. It makes me appreciate my home = the safe place for shelter and love to buds. BAITI JANNATI! ^_^
From the moment I finished this novel, I was thinking that none of this will happen if they were muslims leading a life in an islamic way. For example, Erin wouldn't get almost raped by strangers if she covered her aurat and so, that Kevin don't need to appeared to be a hero. Thus, Erin (Katie) will never have to marry that evil Kevin.
No problem will raised and this novel never exist. LOL.
P/S:I spoiled the story.SORRY! hehe :P
Thanks for reading and Peace be Upon you Plus Byebye.Y^_^y~



Comments